Ensure that all your electrical items are safe and working, and that they are in accordance with the Electrical Safety Policy.
Use of electrical goods is your responsibility and any non-working or broken items should not be used.
Familiarise yourself with the fire procedures. Each flat is equipped with working heat and smoke detectors, but it is important to be aware that some steam and aerosols might set off the alarms. If this occurs, notify reception.
Do not interfere with these alarms under any circumstances. This equipment is provided for your safety and must not be tampered with, as this will result in disciplinary action.
Any fire, no matter how serious, must be reported to accommodation reception.
Fire and Electrical Safety Tips:
- Do not wedge doors open or tamper with springs. The doors help limit smoke and fires from spreading.
- Do not leave cooking unattended, no matter how safe you think it is.
- Do not use chip pans, deep fat fryers or woks, as they are not allowed in our accommodation.
- Always switch off hair dryers, straighteners and curlers immediately after use. Please note that the use of these appliances within close proximity to heat or smoke detectors may set off the fire alarms.
- Do not burn candles, incense, oil burners or other materials.
- Do not cover heat or smoke detectors.
- Do not smoke anywhere in the building.