The Chartered Institute of procurement and Supply defines procurement as:
“Procurement is the business management function that ensures identification, sourcing, access and management of the external resources that an organisation needs or may need to fulfil its strategic objectives”
The Procurement Office is here to help you determine the best suppliers and achive value for money whatever you are buying.
The Procurement Office provides help and advice on all aspects of buying goods or services for the University.
Some of the services on offer include:
- Developing a procurement strategy to support the ABC overall strategic objectives
- Giving support and training for all staff involved in procurement
- Provide information on existing arrangements
- Work with you to procure from a reduced number of suppliers to make savings in goods and services and eliminate unnecessary costs
- Support you in supplier relationship management to improve and develop improved supplier performance particularly from setting up KPI’s and action plans
- Provide guidance on supplier selection and evaluation by considering time, quality, price, innovation and sustainability
- Provide training in procurement and supply
- Provide model form contracts for goods and services
- Provide a purchasing manual and best practice procurement procedures